The most beautiful...

The most beautiful...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

oh heyyy 2012...



HI everyone...how is it going out there is blog land?

I've missed writing my thoughts out and lots of emotions and moments have passed in the last few weeks so here we go...

Let's see...Christmas has gone by and now we are officially in full swing of 2012 and I just couldn't be happier!!! Akemi Rose is still as snug as a bug in my womb but I am hoping she decides to make her official entrance very soon...I took a tour of the maternity/labor and delivery wing at the hospital and it was fantastic! I am so full of anticipation and wonder and can't wait till it's THE day for us!
I have not dilated yet though *sigh...

Doc said she is low but cervix is closed so on to this Friday the 6th for my 39th week appointment...wow 39 weeks...even as I type it, I can't believe it's been 39 weeks already!!!
I don't know why I thought she would have come a while ago...she moves SO much that I just thought and felt as though she wanted OUT...but it seems as though I was wrong. Ah well...she will let me know when she is ready, right? I guess we are a little relieved that she didn't come on X-MAS Eve or X-MAS day or NYE or New Years Day! Pheeeew...she won't hate us for having to share a birthday on one of the biggest holidays of the year. Crisis averted! Now I can think of way to make each and every birthday meaningful and special for her with no distractions!!

We had a really nice quiet Christmas Eve with dinner for 2 at a really nice restaurant near our house...
Christmas day was very nice too. My darling of a husband got me a personalized inscribed bracelet that has all of our names (his, mine and Akemi's) and a very loving message on the back. I love it so much, wear it everyday and will treasure it always...It's going to be one of those times I will always remember and tell her about one day...the Christmas right before she came into our lives. New Years was a lot of fun at his Aunt's house where they made me dance to all the Salsa songs I could handle in hope to see if it would propel me into labor...it did not work haha. All in all in all we had some great holidays and ate great food and most importantly, I felt as though my husband and I got some good "quality, quiet" time together...It's important to have those lazy days in bed especially BEFORE you have a baby where "quiet time" will soon be in short supply! I love Emilio so much and simply can't wait to see him as a Daddy...I think lots of tears are in store for my eye ducts this coming month...

Now, I would like to talk about this HUGE belly I have. I mean it's ridiculous. I am starting to think that no one at my Doctors wants to tell me how much she already weighs as to not scare the bee-gees outta me and the labor! I am getting a bit frustrated especially at night cause it just seems to be the party hour for her. Literally around 2 am she was bouncing inside my tummy so much that the strength this little girl already has is incredible! Speaking of strength...what if I don't have it on "labor day" ???
I am getting so nervous about the "pain" that will come and by the way,  have I mentioned that I am trying to do this ALL natural -_-  No inducing, no epidural, NADA! I know many of you are laughing...but there is something in me that REALLY wants to do this "a la natural"...pain and all. Women have been doing it for years right? I'm not gonna die (God forbid) so why couldn't I do it? It's one day of pain and soon I will forget all about it and want to do it all over again! ;-) I am really curious to see how it will all unfold and of course I will be blogging about it...ohhh I just had a thought of blogging while in delivery room...that might help me keep my thoughts off of the pain! What do you think??

I have much more to say but for now, I will end today's blog by asking Mommy's out there about which one is your most favorite diaper bag and why. I realized this past weekend that I don't have one and I am starting my search online and in the stores but I have to say that I find most of them to be a tad um...expensive? Why so much money? Granted it's a product I will really need but geez...is it necessary to spend $79.99, $89.99 or even $159.00??
Not this Mommy! So if anyone has a great website to order from or a store they can recommend,  I'd love to know!

I hope everyone is warm and snuggly out there and hope to hear from some of you soon!!
I will leave you with some pictures from the end of 2011 and the glorious beginning of 2012...

As always, thanks for reading and commenting :)
xoxo


                                                                   It's like a small planet...

My amazing husband and I on New Years Eve...2011...<3

No comments:

Post a Comment