The most beautiful...

The most beautiful...

Thursday, January 26, 2012

So far...

So good...

our only struggle is making her sleep more at night...:( (<-----insert sleepy parents here)
Anyone have any good suggestions? Our Dr. told us to wake her every 2 hrs during the day so she realizes it's not night time in the morning or during the day! Apparently she's a bit of a night owl...but such a CUTE one :)

Yesterday was my first day ALONE with her.
No Mother, no Mother in law or husband but I am happy to report that we made it!
We gave her a nice warm bath (and she didn't cry...gasp) and then fed her and she went down for about 3 hrs. That seems to be her limit...3 hrs. and I am NOT complaining...I'll take it! It will be lovely when she can sleep 4 or 5 hrs and when WE can actually catch up on sleep and normal life again. I sure do miss my husband.


I gotta say...those who are thinking of having a baby should REALLY speak to someone who just had a newborn. I always knew it would be a lot of work but this is A LOT OF WORK. There is pretty much no rest, no time and I find it almost impossible to make a quick phone call or even take a shower...there is ALWAYS something to do or bottles to wash or SOMETHING!!! I am surprised I am even typing on this computer right now but today for some reason I finished chores earlier and left bottles ready to go and took a shower late last night so I get a little extra treat time today for just little ol' me ;)

Speaking of...she's starting to fuss in the crib so I have to wrap it up! See what I mean?
Please let me know of any advice on the sleeping at night...
any tricks? anything! Hope all you Mommies are doing well and have happy, healthy, eating, sleeping babies!!

PS. How long am I supposed to be doing tummy time for during the day?

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable! :) all 3 of mine had their own sleep schedule. So I do not have any advice for you. :( I tried waking them up every couple of hours. But they all decided night time was best for them to be alert! Hahaha. I didn't get much sleep at night but would try to nap with them (at least the first 2!) during the day. The third was impossible to nap with as we were always out and about! He napped in his carseat or stroller. But he always napped during the day! Crazy. :0 We all survive and eventually figure out what is best for our children. You seem to be doing well. Great positive attitude! :) tummy time.... That was an awful activity for mine. So they did it til they cried. Then we were done! Lol
    Keep up your positive attitude. Do whatever you can and rest whenever possible. You are an AWESOME mom!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you but this baby girl has me working day and night!! :) The sleeping we have not yet mastered...all we know is that after the midnight hour she will ONLY sleep on top of one of us! I am a little scared of where this is leading but tonight I am trying again to succeed and do a nice warm bath, warm milk a good swaddle and some singing/rocking to sleep and see what happens! We are SO tired and night time is THE hardest...but we keep moving on and she is a little angel so for that we are thankful!! Tummy time is going ok...she lasts about 5-10 min but we are getting better! Thanks for writing and for the compliment...most of the time I feel like a wreck and have really no idea what I am doing!! Hope you and your family have a lovely weekend!

      Delete