The most beautiful...

The most beautiful...

Monday, December 19, 2011

All about the past...

Don't you think it's pretty amazing that if you look back to your ancestors...you find yourself? You find your soul and your truth?
I just found out the other night that my Great Grandmother Maria was a midwife. This shocked and amazed me but then again not really. OF COURSE she was a midwife. It makes perfect sense because of who she was.

As a child I LOVED her, was inspired by her mere presence but had no idea why. She lived to be 106 years old... that's ummm pretty amazing, no? who lives that long anymore? God LOVED her and kept her around for more than people could ever hope for. She LIVED in every way possible.

She mothered 7 children. SEVEN. ( I need to stop complaining about how hard pregnancy can be)
She helped pregnant women meet their babies for the first time. She cut umbilical cords, cleaned them up and hand delivered them to mother's arms...what an AMAZING, INCREDIBLE job to have. What an experience. What bravery. What love.

I love that God loves me so much that he would put a woman LIKE THAT in my life. I came from her.
Now Akemi will come from her too. What a gift. I am overwhelmed with this knowledge and feel so comforted to know she will be with us in the delivery room. Witnessing, loving, blessing, protecting and guiding.

I hope there is someone of this much importance in your life. I knew she was incredible but it took 33 years for me to truly REALIZE that not too long ago, I was in the presence of an honest to goodness angel.

Te quiero Abuelona. Hoy y siempre.

No comments:

Post a Comment